<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The real tink, marbro and murderdoll




This is what happens when kak hits the fan

Bad luck &hollard insurance

Thursday, May 11, 2006

So this morning on the way to work, gregs car starts to smoke,we get to the office,and smoke is coming out the bonnet by the balloon full(not sure what analgy to use).i noticed one of the wires running into the car was glowing orange,That tells me,its poopoo hot,and ja,i cut it.To prevent damage to the rest of the wiring running near it.

Thats only the begining of the bad luck.I phoned the insurance company, hell fuckit.Hollard insurance,on 0860000707 to speak to a Johan groenewald.Johan hasnt returnd my phonecalls since monday.Last week i was struggling to get hold of a Marona, also got her number on my desk somewhere.

Dont go thru hollard.They are the worst insurance people around.No one knows whats going on in the company.It takes them a month and a half to replace a radio.I dont wanna know how long its going to take to get R14,5k worth of spares put on my car.Seriously.They are pathetic,The only call back i got was when i got the messages that i left cc'd to Johans managers.

I dont care if the guy is overworked.Hire more people.Mtn is sitting with the same problem.Way to few staff members for the problems they have to handle.Youre on hold,or never get called back,ect ect ect.Its utter bullcrap!

I heard thru the insurance company that my car will be started on today.So who knows,i might just be able to drive my car,when I get back from Capetown.

Once again,HOLLARD YOU SUCK!

now go protest their building or something.stop reading
10:24 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • That's the thing about most insurances, they are quick to get your dosh, so slow to pay your claims. Might as well put your money under your mattress instead.

    By Blogger CaZ, at 11 May, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

The Real Marbro :: permalink