<$BlogRSDUrl$>
The real tink, marbro and murderdoll




This is what happens when kak hits the fan

Please remember this when flying SAA

Friday, June 02, 2006

So you all probably know that my camera was stolen.Ive been nagging SAA to get back to me with what they are going to do about it...


NOTHING.

Heres the run down of the mails we exchanged.

Thank you for your e-mail dated 30 May 2006. Dr Ngqula has taken note of your comments and requested I respond on his behalf.

Mr Brown, we can certainly imagine your concern with this incident, and on behalf of South African Airways, please accept my apologies. I am sure it must have been daunting for you to realise that your digital camera had been removed from your baggage.

South African Airways, as all other airlines, and consistent with Industry standards, clearly states in the General Terms and Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage, that it does not accept liability for the loss of, or damage to fragile or valuable items. We unfortunately have no option but to decline your claim for this loss.

We are working with all role players who are involved once you hand your baggage to us. Future plans include the option of shrink-wrapped baggage at Johannesburg International Airport before check-in, to prevent damage and tampering. A Baggage Committee has been formed by the Airports Company South Africa (ACSA) who are working with the South African Police, ourselves and ground handlers to review problem areas and implement solutions.

Other initiatives from ACSA include upgrading security access to gates to restricted areas, development of the infrastructure at airports, and improved coverage of the baggage area by closed circuit television. As you can see, we are not leaving a stone unturned in trying to eliminate instances of pilferage in all possible areas.

We understand your disappointment on your loss, and I want assure you that this response does not reflect a lack of concern on our part. I sincerely hope that you will understand the position of the airline in this regard. Should you require any assistance in recovering your loss by means of your personal insurance, we will gladly co-operate with your insurers, should any additional information be required.

With kind regards,
Edwin Marsh
On behalf of Dr Khaya Ngqula, President and CEO
South African Airways

Who the Fcuk does this

Dr Khaya...Reply on youre behalf..dont let some other oke do it..Really

So I replied with

ok thanks for that response.
I assume that you know that SAA has now got a bad name. I will go out of my way to tell everyone that i know just what SAA has done for me.They havent helped me in anyway and will never recieve business from me,or my company.


Saa really has to do something about this,Maybe go around telling youre staff to spot out just what they can steal,to cover youreselves, Because the more expensive items arent coverd.im sure the security company would love to know that,Maybe tell youre insurance company that too.It should set them at ease.

Im glad that my R3000 loss for my digital camera has been denied,I wouldnt want to cost the Shareholders and Dr Ngqula any money.I mean i didnt pay R1000+ for an airline ticket down to capetown with the impression that my bag would be returned to me in the state that i handed it over to youre staff.That would just be wrong.Who on earth would actually think that Airlines employ security staff to look after their goods.What next expecting the air hostess's to provide us with refreshments?NEVER..

So yes.You have lost a client, and if i have my way.You will soon lose many more.
But not that that is any concern to a large corporation such as youreselves.You dont need average joes to actually get thru the month.

Thank you


I know all airlines don't cover and warra warra more kak, but ive never had these problems with nationwide,and so forth.I mean come on.

Stupid stupid people

12:01 PM :: ::
3 Comments:
  • All that i can say is... i hate saa with all that i am!So i'm with you on this one, buddy.

    By Blogger PhatBoi, at 02 June, 2006  
  • Their reply just makes me want to laugh - how stupid are these people??? I hardly fly SAA in any case so from now on I think I will stick to international airlines 100% (even if they decide to turn back to Cape Town halfway through to JHB, ha ha).

    By Blogger CaZ, at 03 June, 2006  
  • The thing is,how can they not be insured against it?They must be..

    By Blogger The Real Marbro, at 05 June, 2006  
Post a Comment
<< Home

The Real Marbro :: permalink